Without emotions, your decision-making ability would be impaired. Emotion is always passing judgments, presenting you with immediate information abut the world.
Because minimal differentiation now exists among the products offered in the technology market, buying decisions are emotion driven
What is emotion?
- ABC model
– A: physiological arousal (e.g., heart rate changes)
– B: behavioral expression (e.g., facial expressions)
– C: conscious experience, subjective feeling of an emotion
- Primary emotions
– Emotions we feel first, in response to a situation
– Fear, grief, anger, love, empathy, hope, disguise
- Secondary emotions
– Feelings attached to objects, events, and situations
– Based largely on memory (Plutchik, 1980)